Conventional CCTV systems cause false alarm frequently under adverse working condition such as fluctuating temperature or humidity, and phone line problems etc. The false alarm results in a wastage of manpower and reduction of security guards' alertness.
Recently, some alarm centres in the United Kingdom and Hong Kong take TeleEye remote CCTV system as a remote surveillance tool to tackle the problems caused by false alarms.
TeleEye remote CCTV system offers the users with fast, real-time, reliable and efficient remote visual monitoring and alarm verification solution. Its main features include:
- Auto-alarm dial-back and visual verification upon alarm occurrence
- Highlighted image transmission for verification
- Alarm logs for easy reference
- Simultaneous multiple-site monitoring
- Password protection to avoid unauthorized usage
- Reliable operation with self diagnosis and recovery
Alarm sensors such as motion sensors, magnetic door contacts, smoke detectors etc. can be added to TeleEye remote CCTV systems. Whenever there is alarm event, on-duty staff in the alarm centre can view the live image on the computer by controlling the pan/tilt/zoom of the cameras before making any follow-up actions. In addition, the entire event starting from pre-alarm video to post-alarm video can also be recorded. Police can then make use of the entire recorded video to undergo in-depth investigation.